Thursday, October 4, 2007

First Couple Days on Campus

We started on campus on Tuesday - time to actually take action. We each had a list of contacts from the summer project to start with. We took most of Tuesday to call people (and some of Wednesday). I connected with a few. We used the letters summer projecters has written to them as our connection. No real conversations were initiated the first day - it was difficult just to call everyone. Wednesday was a little different. We kept calling people that we had on our list (there were about 300 names), and just when we thought we were done, we weren't.

Mario and I were feeling a bit overwhelmed by 3:00pm Wednesday. We have a schedule to stay on campus until 4, but we weren't feeling up to initiating conversations. So we sat on the grass in a popular part of campus. I felt a bit guilty not initiating, so I told God -"If you want me to initiate a conversation, I will, but you have to put the person right here because I'm not moving." Then Luigi decided to sit next to us on the grass. What can I say, God works fast. I asked Mario if we should talk to him, and he agreed. So we got talking and asked Him what he believed. We were able to talk through the Gospel and have a great conversation. Some areas are still fuzzy, but he seemed excited to see us again soon.

God provides even when we're pooped and don't want to do anymore. It was an amazing way to end a day and be reminded of why we're here.

2 comments:

Becka Robinson said...

Say this, thought it was HILARIOUS, and thought it might come in handy for you:

http://bleedingespresso-sognatrice.blogspot.com/2007/05/top-5-italian-words-you-really-dont.html

Kat said...

ha that's so cool!